27 Ocak 2016 Çarşamba


             REFLECTION TASK 3:
                                    
                      THE PERSON OF THE YEAR
If I were a jury member for choosing a person of the year, my candidate most probably would be the one who was one of the most important people in my life but is now dead... He was around his 50's before he died. He is Mr. Böke who was our neighbour and my close friends' father. There are many reasons why he would be the candidate for the person of the year. First of all, he was a retired teacher who was a very caring person about the nature, and therefore, he would always plant many flowers and trees on the garden of the building we live in. When I looked out of the window and saw him watering the plants, I would immediately go down and help him, or we would have fun because he was splashing water on the children of the building. He was like a friend not like a grown person who does not have any enthusiasm for living. Even when I felt lonely since sometimes my friends were out of the city, knowing that he was here and we could have fun even just by having conversation would make me feel peaceful and relieve. He was a great man in my life, and I really miss him. Lastly, he was a great teacher. Even though he was not literally my teacher at the school, I and some other children in the building would go to his apartment. I remember that I would really have fun while I was learning something from him because we were a child, so he would act and teach accordingly. I always see him like an angel having lived on the earth. When I look at the garden now, I still see him , who was my close big friend. His life and effects on me can be written pages and pages, and I even think that writing a just a piece of paper about him is unfair and kind of depressing, but for me, he deserves to be chosen as the person of the year although he is not alive now. I know he would really love me as I would love him. Moreover, I was not able to be at his funeral and say goodbye to him. That's why I feel sorry and I wish he could see me now and could know that I am writing about him. All in all, he is my candidate for the person of the year due to the fact that he was caring, patient, childish, thoughtful, and the fact that I want to apoligize to him by honoring him because I was not able to be at his funeral.
Rest In Peace, my great friend and teacher :(

1 yorum:

  1. Thank you for this beautiful writing. There were little grammar mistakes but I’m sure you can see them if you read it again.
    You made me emotional. When it comes to lovely, warm, and polite people I become very sensitive because I think they deserve the best. I hope he will always be happy and I am sorry that he is not alive anymore but we should be happy that a person like him once lived in this world. People like him are gifts to this world. They should have everything they want but this doesn’t always happen. Whatever, they always see the good sides of life anyway. I am glad you get to meet that beautiful person and you spent time with him. I am sure he made you feel good with his lovely soul. I am sure you are a better person thanks to him as I believe that beautiful, positive things always keep getting bigger and they never die. They are forever. Beauty will live with you now. You are going to spread the love and I know you are. Thank you again for this beautiful writing and don’t worry, I am sure he knows that you love him too.

    YanıtlaSil